I’ve been off for a while, busy like a bee… bee like… so I’ll do a quick round-up.
- Went to Florida. It was fun. Went to Universal, painted my own pottery (can’t wait to see how it turns out after it’s glazed and fired), road tripped down to see Justin Timberlake in concert which was suitably epic. As a bonus, the guy who was directing the parking at the venue let us go park in the VIP bit for free so 20 bucks saved. Let’s just hope said pottery survives the trip across the pond!
- Been working until I drop this week at a customer event. Since there appear to be nothing but steak restuarants around West India Quay I feel like an enormous bag of red wine and red meat. Really looking forward to some plain old chicken and vegetables this week. (That said, Gaucho still rocks. Yummiest steak ever)
- Got to go to an evening event at the Cutty Sark, which is really cool when it’s all lit up. Sidenote – their in house caterer has excellent taste in wine.
- Had two weeks off running due to travel and work. I didn’t want to bother on my holiday, and was too busy at the event (the hotel had a gym but given I had 6am call times and was working 18 hour days… no, just no). Irritatingly, now I want to get going again I appear to have done something to my foot. When I’m not wearing shoes/supportive enough shoes I get shooting pains along the arch as I walk (had wondered if it had fallen, but nope). I was already worried about how much the break might upset my fledgling fitness so not being able to get back into it yet is a bit of a bummer. Oh well, we can rebuild! After two weeks of eating far too much I’ve still only put a pound on, so clearly I’ve done enough rushing around to compensate before I’ve tweaked it. It’ll heal, and I can just ease back in.
- I have one of those birthdays next week. The big ones. Still hasn’t sunk in. Irritatingly sorting the restaurant feels exactly like organising a bloody work do since they want pre-orders and all sorts, plus I have to do the awkward thing of asking pals to reimburse me for the deposit, but hey. It’s my birthday and I’ll party if I want to lol.
Think that’s about it! It’s been fun, if pretty knackering.