Was today a good day or not? A considered evaluation… or maybe just a lazy list because you know how I like those. Saves me using that extensive vocabulary I spent so long in education to build up.
The case against:
- After no less than 4 runs in a row doing 25 solid minutes (comprising the last run of week 6 and all 3 runs of week 7), I don’t actually feel improved at doing 25 solid minutes of running. Psychologically it’s taxing.
- Conference calls where lots of talking happens but nothing really gets said.
- Evil never ending Excel sheet aka The Spreadsheet of Doom™.
- Using up all the random bits from the fridge that needed to be finished before they went off resulted in an… interesting… dinner.
- I hate the build up to Valentine’s Day. Yes, alright, I’m the dateless wonder, must all stores conspire to remind me? lol
- Flooding means that tomorrow’s journey into town will be hellish and much more irritating than usual. I have to go way out of my way to find a train line that’s still running.
The case for:
- I am really not yet sick of people using my new rejigged job title. It just makes me sound more important even though nothing’s really changed.
- Tomorrow is venue scouting, which is always fun, and since it’s an overnighter I see a team bonding session in the bar on the horizon. It may not have been today but anticipation is almost as much fun as actually doing sometimes.
- Whenever it started raining again, I just remembered that I’m off to sunny climes in less than a month.
- My hair is behaving incredibly nicely right now. I enjoy this, it’s rare.
- I managed to save my favourite shoes from the dumb mistake I made with the washing machine (it would have been fine if I hadn’t forgotten to turn off the drying cycle…). Bit of glue and TLC and the soles are holding fast once more!
- It wasn’t Monday.
Okay, I’ll call that a win. Tuesday’s alright by me.